Thursday, October 9, 2008

Meetings and Driving

I survived my first girl scout meeting! It really wasn't bad at all. The kids are cute, loud and wild, but cute. There is one child who was definitely testing the boundaries, not like I haven't dealt with that before. Samantha was funny. She wasn't quite sure how to behave. There were times when I could tell she wanted to cut loose with her friends but would catch my eye and knew she really shouldn't. I am sure if I wasn't there she would have easily been one of the wild ones.

Today is Rachel's girl scout meeting. Yesterday was Hannah's girl scout meeting. Her leader graciously drove Hannah to and from the meeting so I could be home to get Rachel and Samantha off the bus without putting a bajillion miles on the van.

The van. Poor thing. It will be getting a workout in the next few weeks. On the 21st the FFA is using it to drive the kids to the airport in the morning. In the afternoon it'll be transporting girl scouts on a field trip. Then on the 25th the FFA kids will be picked up in it. Of course there are the regular trips to girl scout meetings, 4H meetings, library trips, and church meetings.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...