Thursday, December 15, 2011

How Cool is This??

I have several blogs that I read on a somewhat regular basis. One of them is Pioneer Woman. She has a section of her blog devoted to homeschool articles. Last week I commented on one of the posts with how we handle our school year. She liked my comment and quoted me in a new article! How cool is that!

My comment? Oh, I talked about how we came to the decision to take December off from schoolwork. We do so much outside of the home during December, trying to get school done was just making everyone cranky and on edge. So now in August, when the weather is hot and sticky and all anyone wants to do is sit in front of the air conditioner anyway, we start school. We end our "semester" around December 1st and start up again around January 2nd. By then the kids are bored with cooking and baking (and the dishes that come with it!) and are ready to cuddle by the woodstove with their school books. It is a schedule that works for us and has made December a time where we can focus on the "reason for the season" and doing things for others.

My 15 minutes of fame...

1 comment:

MarlaQuack said...

Go You! I love PW's blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...