Friday, December 14, 2012

Other Carol Favorites

Many carols are my favorites for memories of people singing them.

The Coventry Carol is a beautiful song that my sister Emily sang at some point, I think maybe in high school choir? Emily, unlike most of us other Vaillencourts, can actually sing beautifully. This is not Emily:



The Little Drummer Boy isn't so much a traditional Christmas hymn, but it is one I have a clear memory of my mother singing in the kitchen during Christmas.



Adeste Fideles is one of my newer favorite carols as Abby learned how to sing it in the Latin a few years ago. She now sings the Latin version softly, under her breath, whenever we sing it in church. She sings it loudly whenever we are in the car.


And the newest one to my favorite list is the Twelve Days of Christmas by Straight No Chaser. It is pretty much how we sing carols in our house: everyone starts singing the one they like, all at the same time.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...