Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Choosing paint

One of our 4-H parents is a house painter. (:::waving "Hi" to Peter::::) Interior room painting, although I suppose he might do exteriors too. He is going to paint some rooms in my house for me. I am trying to decide on what color to have my living room, entryway, and hall painted. They are pretty much all one big open room (think: raised ranch) and so whatever color I choose must work in my open living room which has a large bay window, as well as my large entry way walls, and my dark narrow hallway too.

I thought I wanted a purple-ish color since my living room furniture is cream/off-white with purples and greens. So I brought home every purple paint chip in the store and finally found one that wasn't too purple or too pastel-y. Sam agreed to it and picked up a quart of it for me to try on the walls in the various areas. It is so the wrong color! All I could think while I was painting it was "fake grape". You know, the grape Kool-aid that really doesn't taste like grape, but tastes like, well, purple?

So it's back to the drawingboa.., er, paint chip store. A few more misses and I'll have a whole lot of small cans of paint with blocks of paint on the walls to match!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A few more quarts, at the price they sell for, and you won't be able to afford the gallons when you find the right color!

Peter (Hi back atcha!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...