Friday, January 25, 2008

Tax rebate

Well apparently the government is going to give our family money in June so that we can stimulate the economy and avoid a recession.

How can you avoid something that has already happened? I love the way politicians speak: "We aren't really in a recession, it just appears that way due to the volatility of the stock markets, the dramatic changes in the housing market and the high price of gas and corn driving up the costs." Excuse me!?!?

Why does the government think I am going to take their $1200 plus and put it back into the economy? I will be using it to pay off the credit cards I am going to run up in order to pay for gas and food. I admit, my husband and I might take $20 and go out for a cup of coffee, but I am certainly not going to go on a shopping spree with it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the commentator who said the Fed would probably have to borrow the money from China anyway, and then people would go right out and spend it on products made in China, so instead of beefing up our economy, it would actually beef up the Chinese economy.

Still ... I'll take it.

Peter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...