Thursday, February 14, 2008

Doin' the happy dance!

MY TAXES ARE DONE!!!!!!

Woohoo! I finished yesterday, e-filed and should see my refund in about 2 weeks! I haven't filed my state taxes since I owe them money. I'll wait until April 11 or so to send them.

The state taxes always confuse me. Last year we got a large refund from the state. This year we owe them a small amount (Less than $300). It does this every time. One year we'll get a huge refund and the next year we will owe some small amount. I am sure there is a logical reason for why this happens, but I cannot figure it out. Our income doesn't change all that much because the fire department hasn't handed out raises since the oversight board took over in 2000. (Yes folks, that is 8 years without a raise.)

Another reason for the happy dance: I am getting my living room, entryway, and hallway painted! We finally decided on a color: It is kind of a peachy-orange-tan. It is a nice and warm, neutral-ish color that will work in the three very different areas. My entryway is lit up with a set of lights that are bright but are not natural light. My living room has huge amounts of wall space and and a large bay window that faces east southeast; so lots of natural bright light. My hall is narrow and dark.

And the third reason for the happy dance: it appears, barring any unforeseen disasters, that my mudroom will be finished either Saturday or Sunday! So far the only issue we have found is that the ceiling slopes by about an inch towards the center of the room. This was easily accommodated by my amazingly talented husband!

And the icing on the cake: Bee school tonight! Donna's driving, so we'll see if we can run over any more ambulances....

1 comment:

Mama Ski said...

Well, it seems to me you are trying to make me out to be a trouble maker.........
I will have you know I have never had to actually be bailed out of jail......some situations but not jail.
When we met, remember, I told you about the vortex, yet you seem surprised.

I have also been driven insane by the tax issue. I too have about finished but now have to turn my stack of very organized papers over to a professional because it is just too complicated and I want to make sure I give the government every penny it deserves.

I have a doe in labor so hopefully she will be done by tonight to make it to bee school.
Say, why do you get so excited about this painting stuff? I haven't painted my house in 20 years (no you don't have to say you noticed so quickly!) since I can't pick out colors. Ok, so there may be a reason or two I may not mention. Lets just make it a 4-H project......you know a whole new experience type of thing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...