Monday, February 11, 2008

Mornings

Why is it the very same children who crawled into bed with me on Saturday and Sunday mornings at 5:30 AM, with their cold toes and "wiggles", can't seem to drag themselves from their beds on Monday morning??

Because of the animals, which need food and water at regular times, we always get up at 6 AM. On Saturday and Sunday, I am willing to stretch that to about 6:15. But, NOOOOO. Rachel and Samantha think that 5:30 AM is just a perfectly splendid time to squeeze in under the covers between Sam and I, and shove their icicle toes against my legs. They then take 15 minutes to wiggle and shimmy into their cocoon-like positions. (Trust me, I secretly love the snuggle time!)

This morning, being Monday, I have to practically drag them from their beds and prop them up at the table to eat. If today were a snow day, I am sure they would have been up at 5:30!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...