Thursday, March 27, 2008

It's 4AM

It's 4AM and I have the hiccups. I hate the hiccups. I don't get your normal ones; I get the body convulsing, teeth jarring, really hurt, hiccups.

Do you know how many "cures" for hiccups are out there? Go ahead, google "hiccup cures". Besides the first hit that is written in chinese figures, there are 79,799 other websites that have something to do with hiccup cures.

According to the first site I checked, there is no conclusive reason for why hiccups happen. Another site suggested they come from eating too fast. Can't be my problem since it is 4 AM and I haven't eaten since 5:30 PM!

Another site suggests the brain is overstimulated causing it to make my diaphragm go haywire. I was sleeping nicely, so I don't think that is it.

On another site, some poor guy in 1922 started hiccuping and didn't stop for 65 years! This of course defies the next site which states that hiccups don't last more than a few minutes.

What would we do without Google....

1 comment:

Mama Ski said...

The most sure fire cure is to hold your breath till you pass out. Just think, an extra nap and when you wake up (baring any wounds from your fall, of course if you do this technique in bed you won't have any) hiccups gone and probably everyone else standing around wondering how you can sleep so peacefully ......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...