Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Rain and mud

Apparently it is supposed to rain for the next 3 days. We have had to lay boards along the path from house to barn because the mud is now 6+ inches deep and evidently has an appetite for boots. You would think the children would have figured out how to walk just slightly off the path where the mud is not as thick, but then you would be wrong. Even the goats have better sense and are staying off their pathways.

Speaking of goats, Lucy hasn't kidded yet. Last year she only went one day past her due date. Tomorrow will be day four.

Hannah's Chicken Emporium is finished except for the painting. As soon as we get a warm dry day, she'll get to paint it.

Jack and James are doing very well and have survived disbudding. I asked Donna to do it as she is better at it than I am and Abby needs them to be scur-free for her cart driving team.

I began to clean my office today. The Rodgers are having a tag sale in April and have graciously offered to let us join them. The pile marked "APRIL" is growing steadily! The pile marked "MUDROOM" is growing too....

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

Oh yeah...I forgot to mention to you that I'm going to have to put off the tag sale until May. The Saturday I was planning on having it is the same Saturday as the Seaport trip for the Brownies.

Mama Ski said...

Now don't be one of those Moms who expects her kids not to like mud. Then you mention the common sense God gave a goat.........It will be years before you see that (adulthood if your lucky with children of their own).......I sometimes wonder if it is one of the reasons we are able to walk upright vs having common sense, the joke is on most of us, we just haven't realized it yet!

As far as Jack and James are concerned, now I see it all, sure, blame me now should they die or have scurs.......I feel so used....so, so muddy and dirty......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...