Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Economic Stimulus??

We received our "economic stimulus" check the other day. "I don't think it means what you think it means" (a quote from The Princess Bride, my all time favorite movie) has been running through my head every time someone brings up this "stimulus package".

So far everyone I have talked to about this, has used their check to pay off the debt they have incurred buying gas, electricity, oil, or food. No one has gone on spending sprees at Walmart or Target. No one I have spoken to has gone out and bought a large screen plasma high def television. "Inconceivable!" (Princess Bride fans will get it...)

We paid off gas/food debt and paid for 4H camp. So much for "stimulating the economy". At least it "shored up" our personal economy for a few more weeks. Maybe that's what they should call it: The "So You Can Pay for the Past Six Months" check. It would be a far more accurate title.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...