Friday, June 20, 2008

Bizarre Children

I have bizarre children.
Normal children spend the last day of school singing silly rhymes about "teacher's dirty looks". My children got off the bus with tear stained faces. When questioned about it, they responded that they were going to miss their teachers!

These teachers are active in the community, write to my kids over the summer, and food shop at the same stores we do. It's not like they'll never see these people ever again for the rest of their lives!

Now, granted, Rachel's teacher is retiring this year. She has had all of the girls in her classroom at some point over the last 8 years and she is so much more than "my kid's teacher". It is something special when you meet someone who loves your kids as much as you do. I value her friendship and I hope she knows that she is an important part of our family and always will be. She better watch out for that vortex, though, pretty soon she'll have a flock of chickens and a small herd of goats in her backyard too! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...