Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Busy Day

This morning is the PPT for Rachel at the elementary school. This evening is the "Open House" at the school. We have overdue books at the library and I need to go to the bank. All of these buildings are in the same area on the opposite side of town from our house- 12 miles one way.

Of course, the PPT is at 10AM. The library doesn't open until 1PM. The Open House is at 6:30PM. The bank closes at 4PM. So I will do the PPT and the bank, and later do the library and the Open House. For a grand total of about 48 miles!

I also need to put the bee escapes on my hives today. (Somehow, I don't think I will get to it today.) It's time to harvest honey! I have decided that I will take all the honey from my weakest hive and let it die off. I will try and get my strongest hive to survive the winter. Hopefully, I should be able to get about 50 pounds of honey from the hives this weekend.

On another note:
My brother Andrew is getting married! We are so thrilled. We really like Lauren. I have no idea what to get them for a wedding gift and I have less than a month to figure it out. Any and all suggestions for a gift for a couple who rent a home, are locovores, enjoy art, both work, and have a dog and a cat, would be most welcome. Maybe I'll give them a vat of honey and a dozen eggs...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...