Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Date

Sam and I went out on a date last night. We havn't been on a true date since, well, I can't remember the last time. It might have been right before Samantha was born, and she just turned 7! Oh, we've been out together. Running errands, getting supplies at Lowes, food shopping. Somehow it's just not the same as going on a date.

We went and saw a matinee, cause they are cheaper. We saw "Fireproof" and then had dinner at one of the local chains; Texas something or other. The movie was really good and we weren't the only ones there! In fact this movie was #4 on its first weekend in theaters nationwide and was #8 this past weekend! This is a movie that cost less than $1 million to make and has already taken in 12.5 million in ticket sales!

I laughed, I cried, it moved me, Bob. Sorry, Veggie Tales humor...

Sam said he was surprised at how accurate they were with the fire department scenes. He said they must have really done their homework. I think the movie did an excellent job of showing how a marriage can just fall apart one little thing at a time. And how you have to rebuild it one little thing at a time.

I would say this is an excellent movie for every married couple to see. Even if your marriage is in good shape, this movie really gets you talking. I know Sam and I had some good conversations over dinner and in the car ride home. We even took backroads so we could keep talking.

They have a website: Fireproofmymarriage.com that I went and checked out this morning. There are some statistics about firefighters and their marriages there that are shocking, or maybe not, considering the stresses that firefighter marriages are under. There is even a marriage conference in October in Maryland just for firefighters and their spouses.

If you get the chance, go see this movie.

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Now I want to see this movie even more! I'll have to see about trying to schedule a date w/ Gordon....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...