Friday, October 17, 2008

Not in Our Library!?!

We went to the town library last night after animals were done and before dinner. Abby needs to read "The Scarlet Letter" for her literature course. Can you believe our town library doesn't own a copy!?! I was quite surprised since they own a lot of books for the high school age, and this one is a classic. I had really expected it to be an easy book to find. Abby is happy; literature is now on hold while we wait for Interlibrary Loan to find it and send it.

I am going to look ahead a few weeks into her course and makes sure the library has the other books she'll need. Maybe I'll give the list to the librarian; there must be other homeschoolers who use the classics and not the high school drivel that is currently on the shelves.

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

I'm very surprised they don't have that one! Hope they can get it for Abby real soon.

Anonymous said...

Amy,
I have not one, but THREE copies of that book, and I don't even like it.
Would you like me to drop one in the mail to you? Email me your address.
KLDW at aol dot com
Kathy from HAH

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...