Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Rachel

Rachel's second PPT is scheduled for October 28th. Supposedly, they will be discussing the results of the testing they did in the last 30 days. I have to go up to the school this morning. The school psychologist wants to see me. You have no idea how much this bugs me.

When I was in high school, my sister passed away from leukemia. The school psychologist and school social worker took that as an opportunity to bug us. The social worker in particular was trying to justify her job, I think. She was concerned about my level of maturity (I was too mature for my age, in her opinion) and felt that I had a lot of worries and responsibilities. She drove my mother, my sisters, and me, nuts for six months in my junior year. She sort of backed off in my senior year, but would, "checked in" on us every other month.

So going to visit the school psychologist gives me the heebee jeebees!

It is pretty obvious to people how Rachel's speech is very much delayed. An example:
Monday night we went to my mom's for a dinner with my brother and his new bride. Andrew was speaking and purposely leaving off the final 'g' in an 'ing' verb. Rachel corrected him. Andrew responded with, "So says Yoda." Now, she has no idea who Yoda is, so it went over her head. But, it is an accurate description of how she speaks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...