Monday, November 10, 2008

Speaking of Christmas

I am one of those crazy people who LOVES Christmas. I mean as much as I dislike halloween, I love Christmas about 600% more. I am also one of those crazy people who gets her shopping done BEFORE Thanksgiving. Yup, I said BEFORE Thanksgiving. This way, I sit back, relax, and truly enjoy the holiday.

I start Christmas shopping the few days after Christmas when everything goes on sale. Then as the year progresses, as I see things on clearance I pick them up. If I see something that just "screams" someones name, I'll buy it. The girls all know that my closet is the "North Pole" and if anyone snoops, Christmas for them becomes donating all their items to charity.

I never finish all my Christmas sewing projects before Thanksgiving, but that is something I enjoy and don't find stressful. I do have lists of which kids need or want which things and I shop for fabrics and patterns all year long, using the sales as they come.

This year I have done very well, thanks to a trip to the mall with Phyllis and a providential sale at Old Navy. The budget this year is extremely tight and what I normally would have spent on just the girls is my budget for everything. So the upside of that is I am already 75% done with my gift buying! I have only to find something for Sam and my Dad. The two hardest people on EARTH to buy for.

I have a mountain of sewing projects planned and with my newly organized sewing "room" I am well on my way through it. I have found another benefit to sewing in my office: I can put the internet (Why does spellcheck want to capitalize this word??) christian radio station on my computer and listen while I sew! I can't wait until the day after Thanksgiving when I can start playing Christmas music while I sew. With the internet stations now available to me, can you imagine all the music I'll have!?! I may never leave my office!

Have I mentioned that I LOVE Christmas??

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...