Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Nearly the New Year

It is nearly the New Year. Time for resolutions that I might keep until January 10th!



My first resolution is to lose weight. I say it every year and every year I do manage to lose some weight, of course I gain it right back!



Second is to work harder at setting aside time to pray. I am good at praying 5-10 minutes, "on the fly", as Sam calls it. I need to get better about really setting aside a specific time to spend REAL time in prayer.



My third is also one I make every year: Get more organized. I actually have made great strides in this area in the past year. I need to keep going though! Especially now that I have taken on a job this year! (I am now working 15 hours per week at a local day care center!)



My fourth one is a biggie. I need to stay on budget! The last 9 months have taught Sam and I great things about budgets and staying within your means. We have made some VERY BIG mistakes in the past years that we are now paying for, literally. The good news is: I am a pretty smart cookie and I learn the first time around!

I am looking forward to 2009 and all that it will bring: A new baby niece or nephew (my brother Tom and his wife are expecting!!), new baby goats and chickens, new fairs to go to, new youth summer camp for Abby to attend, new 4H experiences, new friends to meet, old friends to get together with, trips to museums, and projects in the house and yard.

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

I didn't realize you got a job at a daycare center -- congratulations! Please know that if you need any help with the girls that I'll do all I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...