Monday, February 2, 2009

THE Bug

We've got the BUG. Rachel started on Sunday morning. She was complaining of having a headache after breakfast so we gave her some tylenol and went on with our morning routine. About 20 minutes before we had to leave for church she threw up. Everywhere. Not a spot between her room and the bathroom did she miss. So we took her temperature: 102.7. Guess she wasn't being melodramatic!

So I stayed home with her and cleaned up the mess, while Sam took the other girls to church. Rachel slept the whole time. After lunch Sam stayed home with Rachel while I went with the other girls to my Dad's birthday party.

About an hour into the party I notice that samantha is being unusually quiet. I quietly feel her forehead and she is quite warm. When we got back home, her temp was a toasty 102.

Sam and I start trying to figure out how we are both going to go to work in the morning, as he can't call in sick and it is too late in the evening for me to try and find someone to fill in for me. It is decided that when I get to work I will start looking for a replacement. Thankfully my boss was understanding and flexible enough to change her plans for her day off and fill in for me. So I am home and both girls still have fevers of 101. Hopefully it will break soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...