Saturday, June 27, 2009

Margie, the Goat

We had to put down one of our goats this afternoon. It was one of my goats: Margie. She gave us a doe and a buck this year, which we have kept. We think she had an intestinal blockage that we simply couldn't fix. Despite our best efforts we finally made the decision about 4PM. The vet came out and agreed with our assessment of the situation; the animal was suffering and that there was no hope of recovery.
Abby helped me dig the hole. It is amazing the power that can be found when you are angry and frustrated. We had a good sized hole dug in a very short time. The amount of frustration I felt is exactly why I would not make a good veterinarian. I take it too personally if thing don't work out.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry. That can be really discouraging. Thankfully whatever it was didn't get the rest of your herd.

Mama Ski said...

Better in the barn than in the home. I know it doesn't make it easier but it helps to put it in perspective.
The more you have, the more that happens.....but why always me. I've been saying that a lot this year...I am sorry.

Jones Family said...

I am sorry, too. I KNOW that this can be very sad and discouraging but God will comfort you. See you soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...