Pinterest

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

MMMM! Homemade Bread!

I have a new love. His name is Herman.
Herman is my new sourdough starter. My friend Phyllis gave me some of her starter that she named Herman. I am sure there is a story for the name, but I do not know it. Along with Herman came some recipes: sourdough bread, cinnamon rolls, coffee cake, etc.

And so, a new part of my morning routine is to remove Herman from the fridge and let him come to room temperature before turning him into a delicious treat. The family has really enjoyed waking to the smell of Herman baking in the oven. A number of loaves of bread and containers of cinnamon rolls have made their way to the firehouse, often snatched up barely cool enough to handle!

I have yet to tackle the sourdough donut recipe, but that one may be next!
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...