Monday, June 13, 2011

Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all

I have written before of how God has used music in my life. The words of the songs can touch my heart quicker and deeper than any sermon.
Be Thou My Vision is one of those songs. It is a song I have sung as a prayer. Be my vision, Lord; Be the Lord of my heart. Don't let anything else come before You in my life.

I have sung it out in a song of praise for who God is. You are my inheritance; all that I need is in You. My High King, who has given the victory, who is ruler over everything.

Yesterday it was a song of conviction. Where is your vision? Without My presence where is your light? Whose wisdom have you been leaning on? When the world pressed in, why didn't you seek My heart?

God used this beautiful song to convict my heart. I had taken my eyes off of Him. Oh, I had felt the niggling of my conscience these past few weeks when I sometimes skipped my quiet time in the morning. There was a feeling of things not being right when I dashed off a cursory prayer with all the right words, but none of it from the heart. I'll admit I knew things were off course, but I just didn't want to deal with it. I had too many other worries and issues to deal with.

And so, yesterday, God took my face in His hands and whispered, ever so gently. Come back to me. I am Holy. Whatever happens, follow Me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...