Saturday, January 14, 2012

Waiting... Hmmmm, Not So Much

I HATE waiting! I see something that needs to be done, I do it.

I am learning to wait... well, maybe not. More like I am learning how to tell people to do what needs to be done. I am learning to let them do it to the best of their ability, which isn't always the way I would do it, if I could do it myself.

My foot is healing. I can put more weight on it, but I did too much the other day (a trip to Lowe's with Sam to pick out paint for the basement wall he replaced) and spent the next day with my foot elevated again.

Sam and I have always joked that me with a broken leg would be basically useless, and he would have to take me out back and shoot me, like a horse with a busted leg. I am thankful he was joking and not serious, and technically, I broke my toe, not my leg!

I do have the best husband EVER! He has tried so hard to make sure I am comfortable. He brings me coffee in the morning, he makes me breakfast (corned beef hash, eggs, and toast), did the grocery shopping, replaced and painted the moldy wall in the basement, moved and expanded the dog kennel, moved the chicken emporium, cleaned out the grain shed, and has split and stacked enough firewood for two years.

Another week and I should be able to walk without too much aggravation.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...