Sunday, April 22, 2012

Trust


Isaiah 50:10- 11 Who is among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon his God.
Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.

 I have read this verse so many times. Skimmed over it and not paying attention to it. It didn't make sense to me, so brushed past it on my way to other scriptures.

Today, I read it again. And suddenly I get it! This is about letting God do the work. Trusting in Him and His power to guide my steps. If I trust only in myself and work to make my own fire to see by, then I will not have peace.

I keep rereading these verses over and over again. I know I shouldn't be surprised at what God can do, and yet I am.

 I am awed by His love for me. God knows my heart at this very moment. He knows the struggle that has been ongoing in my heart and mind lately. And so for me, on this day, at this time, He opened up this scripture that I might catch a glimpse of His heart. So that I could know what God would have me do.

It's so simple and yet so difficult: fear Him, obey Him, TRUST HIM!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...