Saturday, October 25, 2014

It's That Time Of Year!

It's that time of year again!

Chuck Day will soon be upon us!

If you are unfamiliar with Chuck Day, you can get educated here: "'It's All About Chuck' Day", and here: Chuck Day 2013. I think it is awesome the number of people I now know who have read about Chuck Day and have created their own version for their families!

We have chosen Saturday, November 1st for our Chuck Day this year. I was surveying the "WrecK" room the other day and realized that we'll need to change how we do things this year. The girls are older and the numbers of toys and games has dwindled considerably. We will still pull everything out, clean, and sort through it all, but it definitely won't be the hours-long process, like in years past.

This year I think we will need to switch our focus to the areas where we have things stored: the mudroom, laundry room, and office spaces. I am even considering taking on the bedrooms. (Eeeek!) More of the girls' things are stored there instead of in the "play area," which can make the rooms cluttered messes. I am considering stretching Chuck Day into Chuck Week and tackle one bedroom per day. I might even take on the "Sewing Room"! (Yikes!)

So in anticipation, I will be shopping for garbage bags, plastic totes, and other types of containers. We'll need a new broom and dustpan, since the last one "somehow just broke." (??Really??) I cleaned the filters on the vacuum yesterday and dug out the oldest towels and cut them into rags. This morning, Sam is reorganizing the outside garbage area in anticipation of the onslaught. I do believe we are ready to take on Chuck Day!

"Sure I am this day we are masters of our fate, that the task which has been set before us is not above our strength; that its pangs and toils are not beyond our endurance. As long as we have faith in our own cause and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied us."
   - 
Winston Churchill


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...