Saturday, August 24, 2013

Hostas

I am traveling to Massachusetts today to check out some Hostas with my sister-in-law and her mom! I love hostas: Easy to care for, spread quickly and can be easily divided. They take over the garden and I no longer have to weed!

I started a hosta garden on the side of our driveway. I buy varieties based on their names, not what they look like. It's a mish-mash, but it looks awesome!

So far I have
 Pilgrim (in honor of Sam's love for John Wayne)
Spilt Milk (in honor of Abby taking over the farm)
Frances William (in honor of my grandfather whose middle name is Frances)
Amy Elizabeth (in honor of me and my sister Beth)
Vulcan, Captain Kirk, and Enterprise (all in honor of my dad)

Today I am in search of
Andrew (in honor of my brother)
Sparkle (in honor of Hannah)
Cookie Crumbs or Delicious (in honor of Nathalie)
Teatime (in honor of Rachel)
Blue Angel (in honor of my brother Tom)
The Queen (in honor of my grandmother)
Sarah's Sensation (in honor of my sister Sarah)
Rascal or Faith (in honor of Samantha)
Emily Dickinson or Green Eyes (in honor of my sister Emily)
Old Glory or Patriot (in honor of my Father-in-law)

I have been on the search for Johnny Angel in honor of my brother John for a while. It apparently is rare and hard to find.







 
    

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...