Thursday, May 23, 2013

Summer Planning

I like order.
I like having a plan.
I often make plans and then have them dumped upside-down by circumstances, but at least I have the satisfaction that I, at one time, had a plan.

Our summer plans at this point:

At some point in June, Sam and I will travel to Maine to pick up our new herdsire for the goats. We may make a long weekend of it, or simply a really long round trip.

June 22nd we will be attending the Southern Vermont Dairy Goat show!

At the beginning of July, my sisters from Kansas will be visiting! It has been a long time since we have all been together, and we are really looking forward to it!

The middle of July is the North Stonington fair and the end of July is the New London County 4-H Fair.

It appears that our trip to Kansas is back on for the end of July! This is a trip for Sam, the three younger girls, and myself. The last time we took a family road trip to Kansas, Samantha was an infant and Hannah was only three years old. We decided that a family trip that they'll actually remember is needed!

August 17th is our Campfire Party. We're doing it up big this year as also a "sending off" party for Nathalie as she'll be heading to college in South Carolina the following week.

Another road trip to drive Nat to Bob Jones University will complete our Summer vacation.

We are looking forward to an awesome summer, "Lord willin' and the crick don' rise!"


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...