Monday, August 30, 2021

Just Follow

This morning in my prayer time I asked God to give me hope; a hope that I might someday "get there". Godliness is so far above where I am every day. Discouragement loves to tell me that "I am not enough and never will be". I picked up my devotions in Psalms and read Psalm 139: 23-24: "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."
At first, I was frustrated with these verses. I am fully aware of all the wicked things in my heart. "I wanted help, not more conviction," I argued. But then, I heard: "Who does the work in these verses?" And I read it again: it's God who is searching, trying, knowing, and leading. My next thought was: "What am I required to 'do'?" The answer was soft: If God is leading me, then all I must do is...                                             
Follow

2 Peter 1:3 His divine power has given us everything required for life and godliness through the knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. 
Let go. Know Him. Let Him lead. Just Follow.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...