Monday, September 27, 2021

Some Days

 Some days it just doesn't seem real. We are six months into this adventure and I hope I never cease to get that thrill in my soul as we drive past the sign for Big Oak Boys Ranch. I see those signs and catch my breath and wonder if I should pinch myself. 

I am humbled by God's love for me: that even in my failures and fumbles, He has given me even the little things, the silly seemingly inconsequential things, that bring me joy.  My home has a front AND a back porch! I have a flag pole in my front yard that Sam so loves to raise and lower each day. I get to love and care for kids! Make meals, do laundry, have talks about the mundane and the eternal. I watch front yard football games, oversee cooking, and check that bathrooms are getting cleaned. And I get to do it in a community of like-minded families. All of us following the same calling, loving and serving God, together. 

It's not easy. Some days are hard: tough decisions have to be made with heavy conversations about the reality of sin and its consequences. I have learned things about myself that aren't pretty. I have had to work on changing my behavior and face my own short-comings. My personal convictions have been challenged and I am stronger for the exercise of examining them in new light.

God has called us to this place and I am so thankful that He chose us to be His hands and feet. I do not feel that I am worthy, but I am willing to work hard to follow His example. He first loved me, fought for me, and gave up everything for me, so I will love, fight for, and give everything for those He puts in my path. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...